Complete Instructions For Writing A Dissertation In The APA Format
Your dissertation is likely the most difficult paper that you will have to write for your degree program. If the paper itself wasn’t hard enough, you also have to deal with formatting it correctly. The APA format is a popular formatting style and is used for many degree programs. When you are asked to use a formatting style, it is imperative that you get every detail correct. If not you can lose points or be asked to correct it depending on the school.
Here is a guide for writing your dissertation in the APA format:
Use Times New Roman font or another font that is easy to read. Since this was the font suggested, most people just choose to use this font over another one. The font size should be 12 pt. The main purpose is to make it easy to read.
- The document should be double spaced including the title page and reference page. There are exceptions, such as, if you are presenting a long quote.
- The document should include a title page and reference page that are separate from the rest of the document.
- The title page should include all of the information that is pertinent to your paper. The reference page has to include all of your sources.
- The reference information needs to be specific depending on your source document. Most online reference libraries will include this information. Make sure to choose the proper information based on the edition that your school has chosen to use.
- The page should be 8.5” by 11” and have a one inch margin all around the edge. The paper has to be standard size and white.
A great way to make sure that you have everything right is to get an example. The title page has to be exact with the right headings. This may be different for each school, and therefore, be sure to check you guide and instructions that are given to you at the beginning of the assignment.
I've found this site. They have been able to help many students format their paper correctly. They offer a lot of editing and writing services that will help you write a successful paper. It is a great way to make sure that you get all of the points that you deserve and that you get it right the first time around.