Writing a Strong World History Dissertation: A Five Step Tutorial
Writing your dissertation for your world history class does not have to be that hard. It may seem daunting at first, but once you know what you are supposed to do it really does come together pretty easily. So now here is an explanation of how to do it in Five Steps.
- Do not procrastinate. The longer that you wait to do your assignment the harder it will be to remember the key points of the assignment. From the moment that you receive the project begin to write down any ideas that come to mind. Review the assignment and mark any questions that come to mind. Run these questions by your professor. Be sure that you understand every aspect of your project.
- Pick many topics. I know this may sound a little strange, but you may find that many topics appeal to you. Once you have a list of topics, you will be able to make subtopics. Eventually, you will be able to merge these topics to make it your project easier to write. For example, you could write about how early explorers shaped the world. Subtopics could include the first civilizations and early battles for rights.
- Research your topics. You want to research them so thoroughly that you know them inside and out. While you are researching, take many notes. Write down your sources. Some great places to find sources of research can include the public library, online articles, or former student’s papers. Just be sure that your sources are reliable and up to date.
- Write your outline. Your outline will be easy to put together once you have your topics and subtopics in place. You want to make sure you include everything that you have researched about. You may find as you research that more in depth subtopics are available to you.
- Sit down and compose your paper. This will probably take you the absolute longest. You want to be able to cover all your key points. Once you are done writing, walk away. Putting the paper down for a day or two can give you fresh eyes to catch problems you see in your paper.
These steps will help you to create a project that will flow together flawlessly. It will enable you to tackle it with very little stress. You will find that it is much easier than you thought to create a quality dissertation.